Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Second Life...

I wonder if it’s the same way with everyone, believe me I really want to know. Does it ever happen that sometimes while you are doing something your mind wanders?? You think about nice things…some of your life’s most beautiful and treasured moments…things that cheer you up instantly and put a biiig smile on your face. Its not that you want to think about it or something, but it just happens, unconsciously. Without you even realizing, you are in this “other” world...surrounded by people you love and care about; people who have touched your lives in one way or the other; people who have made a difference in your lives.

It happens too frequently with me and it feels almost real for a second or two. I practically relive some of the best moments of my life. And I am not complaining…even if that makes me a dreamer; a lesser sane individual. After all, what more can I ask for. This habit of switching over to this “dream world” and cutting connections with the real world (which gets really appalling and depressing at times) for some time, keeps me going in life. It helps me get over those pesky pestering problems.(like India losing out to Bangladesh! Haha…these are my type of well..“problems”.)It reminds me that days were bright not very long ago…and they are going to be brighter, sooner than I think.

I would suddenly go on thinking about people (read friends and cousins-my generation, that is; uncles and aunties don’t real excite me…) while doing absolutely anything and everything-ranging from eating, driving, reading, listening to music and even talking! (so you know why I get “lost” in the middle of a conversation…) I would be reminded of some of their witty quips or unhackneyed remarks or “intelligent” (?) comments (okay, this one is rare..hehee-I AM KIDDING! dont make plans to beat me up) or just them and that would put an ear to ear smile on my face. Some may take it as a sign of madness but I really don’t care.

It has been like this ever since but more recently I don’t think as much about “real” people as I do about “virtual” ones…That’s, partly because I know them less so they are like this little mystery I try to unravel…trying to find meanings in whatever they do. And it’s also because I spend a lot of time online these days (hmmm…). And yeah...after lurking around online for like 6 odd years, i have found people I can call my “friends”. The real people will get their share of time and attention as soon as I get back to life as I know it.. Enough of idling away the whole day…doing nothing other than surfing online and reading HP fan fiction and to kill a mocking bird. I always wanted to do all this…with no botheration of studying and “socializing” but I guess I have done enough of it in the last 6 days…and if this continues..I am gonna be bored to death. And no exaggeration at that.

No comments: