Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Whatever...

They would say I am a great listener…an even better advisor. But they, who cannot stop calling themselves “close to me”, have always failed miserably in noticing those subtle signs of revulsion I have on my otherwise “expressionless, but smiling” face, whenever the topic cropped up from nowhere. This is one topic I always believed was unworthy of my thinking time…I still think so. But the recent developments in my life (or rather in my friend’s and my cousin’s life) have prompted me to spend two of my prime time thinking hours in formulating THIS.

They would always ask me why am I lke this? Why is it that I have so many boys as friends but that one "special one" is missing? Have I not found anyone yet? Have I had some bad experiences? I would always reply with just a smile…not saying nothing. Let me reply to all that today…because I think I finally know why "I am what I am".

No, I have not had any bitter experiences. I have many friends who are guys because I think they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I don’t see the gender of the person before making friends, but the fact remains…I don’t make friends easily-even with girls. I have not found the right one because I am NOT on a lookout for him. I don’t have a special friend because I don’t need one. Why? Because I have more important things (like my career, family, friends etc.) to attend to, rather than being on his beck and call 24X7, on phone and in person. I cannot take all that roosna-manana and other shitty cheesy stuff, which I see my friends and cousins going through too often to be true.

On the closing note…I think it is just not the age to get into a relationship because I learn and change myself with every small and big experience in life. To me, they all seem to be for the better; others may not necessarily think so. So when I won’t even be the same person one month down the line, how can I expect people’s love for me to be the same? And since I am not a flirt, I know too well that it is not me to go hunting “for the special one”, at least not until I become what I want to become in life… Moreover, I won't get into a relationship just for the heck of it or to flaunt it, I have to connect, till then I am fancy free and single; with no plans to mingle.

Okay, so that’s about it. Now if that was a “What?” or a “Wow!” or downright “Wacky”, its on you to decide...

1 comment:

Antriksh Satyarthi said...

well hi smarty....its a lil late bt as i someone said "better late the never"....

reading about it i felt a sense of "deja vu"...
maybe because these were the same thoughts i had sometimes back(n who knows in some corner of mind r still tucked in,guess didnt had the time to ponder upon them...well watever)...
maybe because i got many friends-who-r-gals who think among the same line....
mayb because any rational mind at ur age will think among the same lines...

wat was different here was ur way of playing such a touchy subject subtly...never getting to preachy n yet making ur point...

great going dear...
u r on the right track here...